Healthy diet is import for health and wellbeing. A healthy diet is critical factor in promoting a healthy bladder. The foods and drink we intake can have a profound effect on our bladder and bowel. To maintain healthy bladder and bowel it is import to have a balanced diet that contains protein, carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables.
- Staying Hydrated
Many people who have bladder control issues reduce the amount of liquids they drink in the hope that they will need to urinate less often. Staying hydrated is one of the most important steps one can take to improve bladder health. Drinking enough fluids will help you reduce the risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and constipation.
- Introducing Healthy carbs to your diet and increasing fiber intake
Eating more healthy carbohydrates and fiber rich food like whole grains, such as oatmeal, whole-grain bread, whole-grain pasta and brown rice will help keep your bladder and bowel movements regular.
Common Bladder Irritants:
- Caffeine can act as a bladder irritant. It is naturally present in coffee beans, tea leaves and cocoa beans. Drinking fizzy drinks, coffee, tea, consuming foods or over-the-counter medications contain caffeine may result in urge, frequent incontinence.
- Alcohol is also a bladder stimulant triggering symptoms of urgency. It is also a diuretic which may induce frequent urination.
- Citrus foods and tomatoes
- Go easy on hot Spicy foods
- Sugars and sweeteners
Use the following link to review your diet in line with national guidelines: