Novamed’s Message during for Self-Care Week 2022:
- Taking Vitamin D supplements, particularly important for those shielding and unable to go outside.
- Good nutrition and regular exercise to support general wellbeing and help maximize people’s immunity.
- Adopting positive lifestyle choices
- Increasing health literacy levels in the community and in schools
- Supporting mental wellness by keeping connected, ensuring a sense of perspective, and taking further steps to maintain health
- Understanding how to manage minor and long term health conditions
- In addition to helping people look after own health, Self Care Week is also used to promote better use of the NHS by signposting people to the right service relevant to their health needs – in particular, signposting people to pharmacy for accessible health care and advice.
- The Week can also be used to highlight the need for vaccinations and screenings.
For more information please review Self Care Forum - https://www.selfcareforum.org/events/self-care-week/